Sunday, December 22, 2013

Tis' the Season

So I'll admit that Christmas pages are the pages that I scrapbook the least. Not really sure why. Maybe it's because the holidays are often so rushed by running here, there, and everywhere - leaving little time for crafting. I find myself making many teacher gifts and gifts for others, but seldom sit down to document the loads of family photos taken at the holidays. I made a promise to myself to do better this year.

Using the Mini Scallops, Rings, and Mini Aspen designer Kiwi Lane templates I came up with this simple layout to feature one of my favorite pics of the kids from LAST year. Better late than never, right?
I started by tracing the rings templates lightly with pencil and adding mini glue dots along the pencil lines. I added individual black sequins on the glue dots to imitate the sequin pattern on my daughter's dress. This process was tedious, but I achieved the look I wanted.
 

 After cutting a mini scalloped border, I ran half of the scallop through my Texture Boutique embosser inside an embossing folder, repeating the same on the other half of the border. Make sure that you line the paper up with the stripes that have already been embossed. I used my rub-on tool to smooth out any stripes where the folder left an edge.
White Stickles were added to give an effect of snow along the edge of the Mini Scallop border.

 On the Tiny Tags template, I stamped the word blessed and added a blingy brad from Carta Bella to fill in an otherwise empty space on the page. Pretty pleased with the result even if it is only a one-pager.


Kiwi Lane Designer Templates Used: Tiny Tags, Mini Scallops, Mini Aspen Ct., Rings, Strips
Patterned paper: Heidi Swapp

No comments:

Post a Comment