Sunday, August 25, 2013

Kiwi Lane's DT Doodles Contest Week 32

Each week Kiwi Lane posts a sketch and challenges scrapbookers to submit photos of their finished product using the sketch. Here is this week's inspiration sketch using their Celebrate and the Spook Alley designer templates:
 
 
Here is my own twist on the layout. I completed a layout of my daughter's 10th birthday sleepover. It was a One Direction themed party, so I chose colors to complement the British boy band.


I did not have any white letters that I liked so I cut the word Hannah on my Cricut using white adhesive vinyl. For the word Turns I placed black sticker letters on a white piece of cardstock, inked over the letters with blue ink using a sponge dauber, then removed the black letters to reveal the white cardstock underneath. I found some Sticko ticket stickers by EK Success in my stash from years back. The colors were spot on for this page.
 
Here I added an additional bracket to the layout for journaling and to fill the space at the bottom of the page.
I used Washi tape on the present to give the look of ribbon on the box.


No comments:

Post a Comment